School Meals & Cool Milk
Are you unsure how to register your child for milk at school?
You can either complete the form below and return it via freepost or apply online by logging onto the Cool Milk website www.coolmilk.com if you have any difficulties registering for Cool Milk please see Mrs Gunn in the main school office who will be more than happy to assist.
If the child you are registering is aged over 5, Cool Milk can provide healthy, nutritious school milk daily for less than £15 a term. If the child is under 5, Cool Milk can provide the milk free but you MUST register with them in order to receive the milk.
All milk must be paid for in advance via the online system – school cannot accept payment for milk.
School meals are £2.20 per day payable in advance on the Monday of every week. Don’t forget we are now on Parent Pay so all meals must be paid for this way – we can no longer accept cash or cheques. In the event that you fall into arrears with dinner payments then letter will be issued every Friday and this may result in your child being placed on packed lunches until the debt is cleared.
Alternatively if you are receiving one of the following benefits or support, your child will have the right to a free school meal:
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and your annual income is below £16,190 (as worked out by HM Revenue & Customs)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week.
You are not entitled to Free School Meals if you receive Working Tax Credit except where the ‘4 week run-on’ applies as described above.
Pupils are also entitled to claim free school meals in their own right if they are in receipt of any of the above benefits.
All school meals must be paid for in advance until official confirmation has been received that you are entitled to receive free school meals.
You can apply yourself online by logging onto the DMBC website www.doncaster.gov.uk
If you wish to view the school meals menu for this term please see the display in main reception.